Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Obama's Oratory

I just emailed Barack Obama's campaign:

"I was very impressed with yesterday's speech on race. Just as only Nixon could go to China, only a man of Senator Obama's background could deliver this landmark address to open real, realistic dialogue. I disagree with Mr. Obama on many issues, especially abortion and gay marriage, but I respect him. On this issue, I agree with him. On this issue, he got it exactly right.

"Although I feel I cannot vote for him, I appreciate what he did yesterday for our country. Although I will not vote for him, part of me would enjoy watching him be president."


--Gail Berry


I have now donated money to John McCain (before his New Hampshire victory, I might add) and emailed Barack Obama. I feel engaged in the process! Let the peoples' voices be heard!

Maybe I should email Hillary and say, "I don't want you to be president, but if you become such, you really ought to throw Bill out of the situation room--just once--during an international crisis. Think about it."

I must add, this really has been the most -interesting- campaign I've ever followed.

Comments?

No comments: