Monday, September 1, 2014

Naggy Boy

My boss promised to get me his customer rewards information so I could make an important business purchase.

"Nag me about it if I don't get it to you tomorrow" he said.

That was five days ago.

------

Day 1: "Sweet reason and gentle persuasion."

Lovely, lilting, lyrical song.



(Remember I only got a few "takes" before the boys rioted. Also, there was some coughing because of my asthma flare-up. I am "fighting perfectionism" by publishing anyway. Brave, I am.)

Lyrics:

Nag nag nag nag, I need that Staples info, Tim,
Nag nag nag nag, about all your rewards.
Nag nag nag nag, and if you don't deliver soon,
Nag nag nag nag, I'll loose the boy sword hordes.

Nag nag nag NAG, I'd like to buy that laptop now.
Nag nag nag whine! You're almost out of time.
Nag nag nag SCREEEEEECH! Just think -- as soon as you give in,
Instead of nags, in peace, shall silence reign sublime.

-----

Day 2: "Howler"

...JUST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE  ARE BLESSED TO LIVE IN RELAXING SECOND-WORLD COUNTRIES AND TAKE NICE MINI-VACATIONS, THAT DOESN’T CHANGE THE FACT THAT MOST OF US HAVE REAL FIRST-WORLD PROBLEMS!!!

NURSING MY MACHINE THROUGH ITS TERMINAL ILLNESS IS CAUSING ME CRIPPLING EMOTIONAL STRESS...

I HOPE THIS HOWLER HITS YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF MEDEA. SERVE YOU RIGHT IF ALL YOUR FELLOW THEATER-GOERS BURN YOU ALIVE!!!

ALSO, REMEMBER TO FLOSS REGULARLY....


-----

Day 3: "The Sabbath is a Day of Rest"

I took the day off. Ah, silence.

-----

Day 4: "Loose the boy sword horde!"



-----

You don't suppose he's waiting just because it's entertaining to see what I come up with next, do you?

Sorry, Tim. That's as good as it gets. No "Day 5" tomorrow: I'm going on strike. I REFUSE TO NAG YOU ANYMORE until I get what I want!!!

P.S. I love my job.

-----

Day 5 Update: The Heavens are opened! Going on strike worked where all the previous nags did not. (Actually, I suspect he was out of town.)

It would have served him right if the sale had expired, thus negating the effect of his rewards coupons -- but I eschew further needling.

I sent this message, instead:

"Good job! I KNEW you could do it!
"I understand that people who struggle against the adversity of attention deficit disorder have an extra hard time getting stuff done, so I want to award you this SPECIAL TROPHY in recognition of your achievement. I'm sooooo proud of you!!!"

So is it worse to prod or to patronize?

No comments: